Grants for Early Career Researchers - Deadline Extended!
AVAILABLE TO EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS WORKING ON GRAPHENE-RELATED RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
Created by Euroscience, the EuroScience Open Forum (ESOF) is the biennial pan-European meeting dedicated to scientific research and innovation. The ESOF2016 event to be held in Manchester, 23-27 July 2016, will bring together around 4,500 leading thinkers, innovators, policy makers, journalists and educators from more than 90 countries, to discuss current and future breakthroughs in contemporary science. ESOF 2016 will be an opportunity to discuss the socio-cultural and economic implications and impacts of scientific revolutions from regional, national, European and global perspectives.
ESOF is one of the best opportunities for everyone from leading scientists, early careers researchers, business people, policy makers, science and technology communicators to the general public to come together to find out more about how science is helping us advance today.
1. THE CALL FOR EUROPE-BASED EARLY CAREER RESEARCHERS’ TRAVEL GRANTS TO ESOF2016
European Science Foundation (ESF) and Graphene Flagship in collaboration with EuroScience have opened a call for early career researchers who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities to help cover the costs of registration, travel and accommodation to attend ESOF2016.
The call is now OPEN.
The selected applicants will have the opportunity to participate in the tour visit organised to the National Graphene Institute (NGI) in Manchester and to attend the reception for early career researchers at ESOF2016. More information on the networking activities will be provided by email to the selected applicants.
2. WHO CAN APPLY?
Please be aware of the following eligibility criteria of the call:
- Early career researcher candidates (MSc, PhD or post-doc) who are involved in graphene and related materials research activities
- Under the age of 35
- Proficient in English
- Open to all nationalities, however, the candidate needs to work in an EU Member or Associated country.
3. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
To apply for a travel grant the candidate will need to fill out the word questionnaire in the submission system and upload it there along with his/her CV (max 2 pages).
To submit an application, please create an account in the EuroScience Conference and membership platform ESCMP: https://escmp.euroscience.org/login.
Once you profile created, please click on the icon ‘apply for a grant’ and select the call entitled “travel grants for Graphene researchers”.
When submitting the application form for travel grants, you agree to the full acceptance of the rules and to the decision taken by the Selection Committee.
The new deadline for applications for travel grants is April 7th 2016, 12:00 pm (noon) CET.
4. SELECTION AND DECISION
The selection of candidates will be based on the completed questionnaire and the curriculum assessment. Maximum one application per department will be funded.
A decision is taken by the Selection Committee, which is appointed by the European Science Foundation and Graphene Flagship.
An email of decision will be sent mid-April 2016 to all candidates stating whether or not their application has been selected.
5. OBLIGATIONS OF GRANTEES AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
- Grantees must confirm by email to firstname.lastname@example.org that they accept the travel grant by 29th April 2016.
- Once ESOF2016 has ended, grantees ought to draft a report (max 2 pages) with their personal impressions and list sessions they visited. It should be submitted before 31st August 2016.
- Grantees can also be asked to do a photo/video report of their stay.
- The registration, travel and accommodation expenses concerning the ESOF2016 will be reimbursed by European Science Foundation on presentation of receipts up to a maximum total of 900€ each. Manchester-based applicants will get only the registration fees covered by this grant.
- All expenses covered must be in accordance with the travel claim form issued by European Science Foundation.
For questions related to the submission system, please contact Marie Suchanova at email@example.com.
For any further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.